Watch the recording
In this intro to GraphQL tutorial, Clark Sell gives a crash course on what is GraphQL, why to use GraphQL vs Rest, using it with Apollo, walks through a GraphQL query in Insomnia, and so much more.
In this lives stream recording, Clark answers live questions about all things GraphQL with our community.
THAT Conference ( react/next )
THAT ( svelte )
Get to know the presenter
Where you can find Clark
What is GraphQL?
GraphQL is a relatively new query language for APIs -- it's been around 5 years since it was open-sourced by the Facebook Engineering team and in that time it has become a front-end darling.
Unlike REST, GraphQL allows you to specify in your API requests specifically what data you need, and get back exactly that. This new approach opens up a world of possibilities for developers.
Benefits of GraphQL
- Good fit for complex systems and micro-services
- Ask for what you need, get exactly that
- Get many resources in a single request
- Describe what's possible with a type system
- Move faster with powerful developer tools
- Evolve your API without versions
- Autogenerating API documentation
- Bring your own data and code
- and more!
Trusted by companies such as
Join us each month for free events to help you keep growing as a developer, stay up to date on the latest in software development, and level up in your career. In the meantime, check out these videos below to get you up to speed with lessons and discussions from the Headway team.